Balle / Grafiche del silenzio
LIES – Concept by Vito Alfarano ∆
choreography: Vito Alfarano
Production: Compagnia AlphaZTL Compagnia d’Arte Dinamica
Assistant: Arianna De Angelis Marocco
Dancers: Vito Alfarano, Arianna De Angelis Marocco, Davide Sportelli
Lights: Gerardo Buzzanca
Replacement during creation: Danilo Smedile, dancer Modem/CZD
“An assertion which doesn’t correspond to the truth, an assertion false, stated with intent to deceive”. Who has never told a lie? I think there isn’t a man (man understood as a human being) who has never lied; someone could justifies oneself sayng that he lies with the best of intentions, but I think that “ a lie is always a lie”! The statistics reveal than one of person out of two lies: it is being said that in 70% of cases the lies are meant for partner, the remaining 30% is addressed to colleagues and friends.
However the skill of telling lies is as ancient as mankind. Sooner or later it happens to everyone “to lie”: we can lie to get us off the hook or to make a good impression. There is a Pinocchio in everyone and the boundary between truth and lies is thin indeed. Each age has its lies: there are small and harmless lies (white lies) and big and harmful
ones (slander); are liars even who pretend to believe to everything, they do that to keep the peace.
Why do we lie? Generally a lie is a sort of protection from an unconfortable truth. We lie in hard situations because it is a shortcut; it’s the simplest path: instead of accepting responsibility for our actions we deny reality. We should make a distinction between the light lie or semitruth used to keep a balance and the harmful one that may try the firmness of a relationship. Some lies may deeply hurt those affected by them since the results may prejudice their emotional equilibrium.
Mostly the liar lies to gain something not caring of affecting other people. Lying is a technique used to influence, to control and manipulate thoughts, feelings. And
behaviours of the others. Usually lying happens spontaneously to avoid punishments, not to miss or ward off a dear one, to look for approval, to keep privacy, to avoid fighting, for matters of power.
A “not true statement” may have several faces and arouse different feelings like happiness in the believer and sadness at the disclosure of truth. The mood may change suddenly and depending on the seriousness of the lie, it is as if the world were falling apart, the look, the attitude, the vision of a situation, the consideration of a person
changes. The truth has a face , the lie has several ones because it depends on different elements, it may depend on the situation that is experiencing , on the person the lie is addressed to, or on the final goal. I would like to represent exactly the change in mood, how a person change when discover The transfer from lie to truth.
GRAPHIC OF SILENCE – Manfredi Perego
durata 20 min.
Choreography/dance/light: Manfredi Perego
Music: Paolo Codognola
Supported by Tir Danza
With the contribution of Fondo per la Danza D’autore/Regione Emilia-Romagna 2015/2016
The choreographic project "Graphics of Silence" comes from the desire to carry the sign of a graphic design on the body in motion. The study choreography speaks through dynamic signs
which emerge from within the body by moving the latter. The theme of silence is dealt with as a necessary condition for the creation of bold strokes and unique, the graphics mode of reference is the Japanese shodo in which you can not correct the sign, but only let him live on the result of the union of paper mind, action, gesture. In this sense the body graphics of silence is ink and brush together, the space is used as a sheet of paper that creates and recreates itself around the body in a series of paintings do not necessarily chronological, abstract and dynamically different. The sound environment is drawn tangent to the handwriting of the body and at other times independently, also
paints the environment. There is also a search for balance between two conflicting souls graphics.
John Cage: "There are no such things as empty space or empty time. There is always something to see, something to hear. Indeed, as far as we can strive to create a silence we will never succeed. "
haiku graphics of silence:
emptiness inside of me
ink of meat is
Why synthesize the poetic work in haiku:
The motivation is twofold. The first is to look for the need to get to the essence of the work synthesizing sensations reasoning emotions that arise in the creative process.
The second is to leave space to the public to be able to complete only what you will see on the scene.